About the company
The Story of Midnight Sun Fishing Adventures
When did it all start? Midnight Sun Fishing Adventures was founded in early 2020 – however, the story began much earlier.
The very start of the journey must have been back in 1998 when as a young boy I caught the first pike of my life. I had been learning casting a bait for the whole summer. The reward came on an early August morning. We were fishing with my father, brother and cousin, next to a small islet, somewhere in the Finnish archipelago. That bite, excitement, joy and beauty of the fish – I still remember it like yesterday. In fact, I will never forget it.
Fast forward a couple of decades. The passion that was born that day is as strong as ever, and during these years I also fell in love with Lapland – the land of the midnight sun. And finally, after lots of turns in my life, I ended up working full time with what I love most – fishing.
Midnight Sun Fishing Adventures is a company founded on one key idea. I want to bring the amazing nature and fishing opportunities of Lapland available to a wider audience. Until 2020, Lapland has lacked professional fishing guide services combining modern fishing boats, gear and fishing skills. Especially regarding the most abundant fish species of the arctic – pike and perch. Today it is possible for you.
Meanwhile, I still live big part of the year Helsinki area. For countless years I have been fishing and gathering experience in the beautiful archipelago waters of the Finnish Southern Coast. Thus, it’s only natural that I also provide guided fishing days in the Helsinki area. If you share my passion, I welcome you to join an adventure.
– Mika Laaksonen
...about passion for fishing
- The fishing boat: 2020 model VBoats Fishpro 50 (5,06m)
- Motors: Mercury 100hp main engine & Minnkota Ulterra electric motor
- Electronics: Garmin Echomap chart plotters and sonars (including SideVü and LiveScope technologies)
- Fishing gear: +20 different rods and reels for various fishing techniques and situations. +30kg of lures and other gear.
Mika is the man behind the boat wheel, founder of the company and currently the only team member. He is an experienced and thoroughly passionate fisherman from Finland. He has completely fallen in love with Lapland, its wild nature and amazing fisheries.
Mika has passed a fishing guide education (among others) and is part of the Fishing Guide Association of Finland. He has been fishing actively for more than 20 years. Most often you will find him fishing for pike, perch or zander with a spinnig rod, or fly fishing for trout or grayling. However, he also has experience in angling, trolling, ice fishing, etc. Mika’s record pike is 125cm / 12,6kg, and he has lots of +10kg / +110cm pikes under his belt. So far he has guided record pikes for 18 customers/friends, couple of which weighed over 12kg.
Guide & Entrepreneur
- The boat is equipped with all the necessary safety equipment required by law, and more.
- We have life vests for our customers.
- Your guide has passed the necessary training and tests required by law for safe navigation at the waters, boat driving, cooking, first aid, etc.
- See the safety plan here.