Why is Lapland a special place to fish?
The magical midnight sun
World class fish populations
Unique Finnish culture
Thousands of lakes & northern nature
Wilderness areas in Lapland are vast, with rolling fells in the horizons and forests teeming with reindeers and other northern animals.
We provide a full service
- Fishing guide with modern fishing boat and fishing gear
- Accommodations (ask for different options)
- Local tips
- Finnish Sauna
- Instructions for transportation (if you want pick up service, ask us for options)
- Meals & breakfasts arrangeable for extra price
The man behind the boat wheel, and also founder of the company, is Mika Laaksonen. He is an experienced and thoroghly passionate Finnish fisherman, who has completely fallen in love with Lapland, its wild nature and amazing fisheries.
Despite his youg age, Mika has been fishing actively for more than 20 years. Most often you will find him fishing for pike, perch or zander with a spinnig rod, or fly fishing for trout or grayling. However, he also has experience in angling, trolling, ice fishing, etc. Mika’s record pike is 125cm / 12,6kg, and he has lots of +10kg pikes under his belt. So far he has guided record pikes for 11 friends or customers, biggest one of which weighed 12,0kg.
Entrepreneur & head guide
- The fishing boat: 2020 model VBoats Fishpro 50 (5,06m)
- Motors: Mercury 100hp main engine & Minnkota Ulterra electric motor
- Electronics: Garmin Echomap chart plotters and sonars (including SideVü and LiveScope technologies)
- Fishing gear: +20 different rods and reels for various fishing techniques and situations. +30kg of lures and other gear.